Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saint Anastasia Report

I had to write a one page report on my favorite saint this week. I choose St. Anastasia because I am named after her. There is not a lot of stuff written on her that is why she was so hard to write about. But I learned many important facts, such as, the Romans at first were not Christian. They killed many people that were Christians in very sad ways. St. Anastasia was a Christian and helped Christain martyrs that were in prison. She had great faith in Christ and never gave up her beliefs even when she was being burned to death. My saint's feast day is December 25th. Before December 25th was celebrated as Christ's birth it was used to honor St. Anastasia. She is still recognized in the 2nd Mass on Christmas Day. She is also mentioned in the Canon of the Catholic Mass. I hope that we can go to the 2nd Mass this year for Christmas to celebrate my favorite saint's feast day.

1 comment:

PoPo and AhGoon said...

Anastasia,
It certainly waw interesting reading about St. Anastasia. I hope you're able to attend the 2nd mass on December 25th to celebrate St. Anastasia's feast day.